You can quickly change administrator in Windows 10. This step-by-step guide will show you exactly what you can do to change administrator in Windows 10. In every operating system there are Windows administrators, and then there are Windows standard users.
The Windows administrators have all the special privileges and the normal users lack those special privileges. For example, Administrators can install or uninstall software on the system or change the system properties.
The Windows admin can also change settings of other accounts. But standard users are restricted to do these operations.
How To Change Administrator In Windows 10
In this guide on How To Change Administrator In Windows 10, i will show you two ways by which you can do the needful.
- Using User Account Control to change administrator in Windows 10.
- Using Local User and Group Management tool to change the Windows 10 admin.
1. User Account Control To Change Administrator In Windows 10
Let's see how you can change administrator account by this method. For your better understanding, I am also including screenshots. Administrator account Windows 10 changing by User Account Settings.
- From your keyboard press Windows Key + R to open the RUN dialog box.
- Type "Netplwiz" and hit enter.
- Now you will see a User Account Setting dialog box with all the users (administrators and home users) listed.
- You can also add new user in Windows 10 or can remove the one already added to the system.(Be Cautious)
- Click on the existing Windows administrator account from the list provided by Windows 10 and then click Properties.
- You will see Group Membership options where you can make the current Administrator as the Standard User or choose Other for more options.
- Before you Change administrator in Windows 10, make one of the users as a Windows Administrator.
That's it with this method. Now let us see How To Change Administrator In Windows 10 using Local User and Group Management tool.
2. Change Administrator Windows 10 By Using Local User & Group Management Tool
- Press Windows Key + R to open the RUN dialog box again.
- Now type "lusrmgr.msc" and hit enter.
- A new dialog box will open. Just click on GROUPS and then double click on ADMINISTRATORS.
- After double clicking Administrators, you will see the below window.
- As you see in the above screenshot that you can add administrator in Windows 10 or you can remove the existing one.
- When you remove the existing Windows 10 Administrator, it will not delete the person completely from the computer, but it will just remove them from the Administrator group. Thought to clear this out.
Also Read: Windows Hello In Windows 10
I tried to make this guide "How to change administrator in Windows 10" as easy as possible for every level Windows user. But in case you have any doubts or confusions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- change administrator on Windows 10
- change administrator account
- administrator account windows 10
- lusrmgr.msc windows 10
- Change Admin Account Windows 10
- Remove Administrator Account Windows 10