Thursday 1 December 2016

How To Check Windows 10 Version?

If you want to know how to check Windows 10 version, just follow this short guide. A single Windows operating system comes with different versions and editions.

So let us say if you have Windows 10 installed on the system it may be a Home edition or a Professional edition or a Windows 10 Enterprise edition. These editions come with different versions of Windows 10.

When I installed Windows 10 on one of my computers a long time ago, I always wonder what Windows am I running, do I have windows 10 home or professional, how do I check Windows 10 version.

Also Read: Disable Windows Defender In Windows 10

There are two methods by which you can quickly check Windows 10 version. I will list those two approaches below; you just need to follow the steps.

What Version Of  Windows Am I Running

For the sake of this guide, let's see what version of windows do I have. To know my Windows 10 version I can use any one of the methods:

Method 1:

System properties Windows 10

Through this approach, you can find your Windows 10 version and many other details regarding your Windows 10 operating system.

  • Just go to your virtual assistant Cortana and type in "About Your PC" without quotes.
  • When you see it in the search result, just click on it.
  • And in a blink of an  eye, you will get all the information about your Windows 10 PC.

So you see the Windows 10 current version number for me is 1607 and my Windows 10 edition is Professional.

Method 2:

Get help with file explorer in Windows 10

To get help with file exploer in windows 10 to find your Windows 10 version and other information, just follow the below steps:

  • Go to File Explorer.
  • When opened look for System Properties under the Computer tab and click on it.
  • You will be presented with new window with all your Windows 10 information like below.

Recommended Read: How To Change Administrator In Windows 10

If hope this Windows 10 Guide on How To Check Windows 10 Version helped you to find your Windows version and its edition. If you like this article, please do share it to encourage us to write more Windows 10 Guides.

Source: https://cnet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment